The Royal Palace known as Palazzo dei Normanni, seat of the oldest Parliament in Europe, with the splendid Palatine Chapel inside it have been part of the Unesco monuments since 2015.
The proposed tour will lead you to the discovery of one of the most important monuments of Arab-Norman Palermo, an expression of the happy coexistence in the Middle Ages between different ethnic groups: Arabs, Normans and Byzantines. Palazzo dei Normanni is a fundamental place for the events of the city and the history of Sicily. Here we find the seat of the Sicilian Parliament, the oldest in the world and still in use. The palace was the seat of the Sicilian poetic school at the time of Frederick Secondo and the residence of many Spanish Viceroys. Inside we will admire the decorations of the Ruggero room, the Chinese and Pompeian room. Finally, the visit to the precious Arab and Byzantine decorations of the Palatine Chapel with the Christ Pantocrator famous all over the world.
INFO AND DETAILS
- Duration: about 2 hours
- Languages: Italian – English
- Days: every day according to availability (morning or afternoon).
- The Norman palace can be visited on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, the Palatine chapel every day.
- On days when the rooms of the Norman Palace cannot be visited, the visit is integrated with a visit to the cathedral of Palermo (with the Royal tombs and the tomb of Santa Rosalia).
- Cost: 80 euros total
- Cost: for groups over 5 pax the total cost is 140 euros.
- Cost includes: Licensed tour guide;
- Cost does not include: Entrance to the Norman Palace Monument and Palatine Chapel;
- Info and reservations: email@example.com
- WhatsApp: +39 329 7263998